Brook Davis are a rock duo based out of New York, USA. They are composed of;
Moses Charles – Vocals/Guitar
Calvin Gaynor – Drums
1. Who are your top 3 influences?
(Moses) Our top 3 influences are, All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, and The Maine.
2. What is the reasoning behind your band name?
(Calvin) We’re named after one of the main characters from One Tree Hill.
3. How did you guys meet?
(Calvin) We met Freshmen year of high school in 2010. We’ve been in the same group of friends since!
4. What is your song writing process?
(Moses) It’s mostly all Me. I write/demo the instruments before anything. Then I’ll go into my notes and see if there’s any random lyrics I can build off of.
5. What are your plans for a year from now?
(Moses) By then we will definitely have our second EP out and that’s a guarantee! We’ll also be promoting that and playing shows to push it.
6. What is your dream tour to star on?
(Calvin) We would love to open for All Time Low and State Champs. That’d be a sick bill!
7. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve had to face so far?
(Moses) Hmm, I mean it’s still early days but I guess right now it’s getting people to listen to our music. I know how annoying it is to have a random band hit you up on twitter to get you to listen.
8. When will your first performance be?
(Moses) we’re putting a show together for July with some bands in the New York area, so that will be the first!
9. What do you do when you’re not musically involved?
(Calvin) I’m finishing up school right now, but I also teach tennis in my spare time.
(Moses) I actually have a real life grown up job, work in TV ad sales.
10. What’s the funniest story you guys can share?
(Moses) Once when we were 19, we went to this Jazz bar on the Lower East Side. We got trapped in a closet with a homeless guy trying to tell us weed. Very VERY scary!
11. As it’s pop-punk, what pizza do you have?
(Calvin) I’m a health nut. So I don’t eat pizza…
(Moses) I’d definitely go for pepperoni bacon!
12. Who has the worst tattoo?
(Moses) I’m the only one with tattoos and they’re all good! One is a heart with an equal sign on my wrist. The other says “my life has value” on my ribs.
Follow Brook Davis on twitter @brookdavisny
Listen to Brook Davis on Spotify by clicking this link.