We spoke to Eddy and The Arson’s who are from Chicago, Illinois, USA! They’re made up of;
- Eddy – Vocals/Guitar
- Adam – Bass/Backing Vocals
- Jake – Drums
1) Who are your top 3 influences?
- Smoking Popes
- Green Day
2) How did you get your band name?
Actually, this all started as my (Eddy) little solo side project, and as a joke, I came up with ‘Eddy and The Arsons’ as a spin off my real name. A few different people thought the name was cool, so I stuck with it.
3) How did you all meet?
Eddy met Adam back in 2001. At the time, Eddy was the vocalist for a band called Swellbox and Adam played guitar for a band called Unsung. From 2004 to 2008, they were in a artsy alternative pop rock band called Early April, where Adam played guitar and sang backup vocals, and Eddy was the lead vocalist. We met Jake through a mutual friend.
4) What is your song writing process?
Eddy, typically, will come up with a lyric or vocal melody, and the rest will write around it.
5) What are your plans for a year from now?
We plan on touring the country next year! (USA)
6) First gig experience?
Our first gig was at a brewpub called, ‘One Trick Pony’ in Lansing. IL. It was an awesome time!
7) Biggest challenge so far?
So far, our biggest challenge has been keeping a drummer! We went through 2 other drummers before Jake joined last year. Since he joined, it has been going great!
8) Favourite thing about performing?
There is nothing better then the feeling we get when people are genuinely enjoying our music!
9) Favourite song to perform live?
As a whole, our favorite song to play is ‘Wall of Text’, because of the energy it brings out of us. Personally though, my (Eddy) favorite song to play live is Oh Sweetness, because it’s fun for me to sing!
10) What inspired these recent 2 singles, and songs on the upcoming album?
We are inspired by everything and anything around us. We write about whatever is heavily on our mind at the time.
11) What do you do when you’re not musically involved?
Adam works on 3D art and graphic design. Jake is a killer pool player, and Eddy is more of a family man, doing some type of work.
12) In your opinion, what’s your best song?
That is a tough one. I feel we have a lot of good songs, but I don’t think our best song has been written yet.
13) Who has the worst dress sense?
Probably Eddy, he still wears baggy pants…
14) Funniest show story?
Our second show with Jake, he busted himself in the face with a drumstick in the middle of the song, and the stick went flying. We caught it on video. His reaction was priceless.
15) Pizza! What do you all have?
Eddy is a supreme pizza kinda guy, the rest of the band are the same. We aren’t too picky.
16) Who’s the most annoying member?
It is definitely Eddy. He has a lot of energy and tends to act a fool sometimes…
17) Who has the worst tattoo?
Currently, I (Eddy) am the only one with tattoos, and mine are all rad!
18) Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
We would definitely donate to some charities, and probably open some type of business.
Listen on Spotify.