We spoke to the guys in Home Wrecked! From South Yorkshire, their members are;
- Joe Daniels – Vocals
- Richard Copley – Guitar
- Alastair Murphy – Guitar
- Ben Hinchliffe – Drums
1. Who are your top 3 influences?
There are some many influences we have so it’s hard to narrow it down to 3, but if we had to give it a go it would be
- The Story So Far
- A Day To Remember
2. How did you get your band name ‘Home Wrecked’
We didn’t have much say with the band name, Joe just said it from the beginning and it’s just stuck.
3. How did you all meet?
We’ve all been on the circuit before with previous bands, so we all knew each other before. Joe organised for us all to meet and next thing you know we’re a band ha!
4. What has been the difference in your song writing process since ‘When All Goes Wrong’ and your recent single?
I think with ‘WAGW’ we were still kind of finding our feet a bit with the songs, trying to develop our own sound. With the later songs we feel we have managed to do this a bit more!
5. What are your plans for a year from now?
A year from now we are hoping for 10 top 10 songs and a million CD sales or we are off to the job centre!
6. What was the first gig experience like for Home Wrecked?
It was fun actually! It was at a tattoo convention at Sheffield ice skating arena. It was a bit weird cos we played songs that no one had heard because we hadn’t released anything at that point, but it was still fun!
7. What has been your biggest challenge?
Every time we get in the van to go gig/tour is a challenge because there’s not many brain cells floating about in us lot!
8. What your favourite thing about performing?
Having fans sing your songs back to you is always good! Also the free beer we sometimes get always goes down a treat!
9. What’s your favourite song to perform live and why?
‘Anxious Minds Think Alike’ always seems to go off so we would probably say that one!
10. What inspired your song ‘Nothing Like You’ and the new songs to come?
‘Nothing Like You’ is basically about 2 people who are in a relationship, but then just for whatever reason grow apart, and go their separate ways. It happens quite a lot so we decided to put it into a song!
11. What do you all do when you’re not musically involved?
When we’re not doing band things we just basically sit there unhappy wishing we were doing band things.
12. In the bands opinion, what’s your best song?
Our best song is definitely one from our new record which we haven’t released yet so you’ll have to give it a spin when it’s released to try to guess! From our previously released music, It would probably be ‘Anxious Minds Think Alike’.
13. Who has the worst dress sense?
Joe used to dress like a cross between Bart Simpson and Avril Lavigne.
14. Funniest show story?
It was at a gig in Barnsley, literally the last minute of the gig, and Alastair’s legs decided they didn’t want to work any longer, and he just fell face first onto to deck. Then threw his guitar off and decided to do vocals to mix it up a bit!
15. Pizza! What’s your favourites?
We all love a pizza, we all love a meat feast dominos!
16. Most annoying member?
We are all annoying and none of us actually like each other that much we’re just in it for the glory!
17. Who has the worst tattoo?
Joe’s got a couple of beauties! He’s got a neck deep tattoo and a blink-182 tattoo! He doesn’t even have one of his own band!
18) Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
Live like kings until our days are done! With beer, we like beer…
Listen on Spotify.