Divine By Night are a trio out Virginia, consisting of
- RJ: Vocals/Guitar
- James: Guitar
- Steven: Bass
1) Who are your top 3 influences?
- Bullet for my Valentine
2) How did you get your band name?
RJ had a brainblast one day and it kind of just came to us.
3) How did you meet?
RJ and James met through the local music scene, we met Steven through mutual friends in the music scene as well.
4) What is your song writing process?
RJ and James typically will create a guitar and bass outline, followed by drums, we write and track vocals last.
5) What are your plans for a year from now?
We plan on having a second EP out as well as playing shows and expanding our audience.
6) First gig experience?
Our first show was a sold out show with our friends in the ‘Relapse Symphony’, it was a blast, everyone was there to support all of the bands and have a great time!
7) Biggest challenge you’ve faced?
Evolving our sound has actually been a difficult task for us.
8) Favourite thing about performing?
Hands down the energy that everyone brings, from us to everyone in the crowd.
9) Favourite song to perform live?
It has to be between Homes and our newest single ‘Walk Away’.
10. What inspired these recent songs?
We’re inspired by multiple events in our life as well as events in movies, tv shows, and fantasy.
11. What do you all do when you’re not musically involved?
We’re pretty much all musical, RJ is always writing, James records other artists in his free time, and Steve repairs guitars.
12. In your opinion, what’s your best song?
We’d have to say our newest single ‘Walk Away’. We feel as were always growing and evolving musically, whether it is our writing or our quality of recording.
13. Who has the worst dress sense?
Rj, he really needs help…
14. Funniest show story?
Probably the most embarrassing, but we look back at it and laugh, our bass guitar was off for half of our set before we figured out what was wrong.
15. Pizza! What toppings do you have?
Pepperoni! We go for the classic!
16. Most annoying member?
Depends on the time and who’s doing what, we all get along and have our own annoying quirks
17. Who has the worst tattoo?
Steven….he’s the only one with tattoos so it’s by default.
18. Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
We all would definitely just buy music gear, we’re all gear heads and love talking shop!
Listen on Spotify.