The Weather Might Say Otherwise are from Fredonia, New York! Their members are;
- Damian Brown – Vocals/Guitar
- Tanor Morrison – Bass
- Zach Richardson – Drums
1. Who are your top 3 influences?
- Biffy Clyro
- Any band we’ve seen in a basement at Fredonia/Buffalo
2. How did you get your band name?
Tanor was texting a friend about a trip we were taking to Zach’s house to get some music equipment, and Tanor said we might not go because the weather might say otherwise. His friend thought it was our band name so we used it.
3. How did you all meet?
We all met at college (Fredonia) through our friend/manager Dan.
4. What is your song writing process?
Damian usually comes up with a riff we all like, and then we just come up with whatever fits/feels right on bass and drums.
5. What do you hope to achieve a year from now?
We would love to record an album and go on tour through North America.
6. What was your first gig experience like?
The show got shut down by cops halfway through, it was hot as balls inside, Damian’s pedals got messed up by the crowd because they were so close to us, Zach bled all over the drum set of the dude in the last band on the bill (sorry again Alec if you’re reading this).
7. Biggest challenge so far?
Just rehearsing has been tough enough; we have to set up and tear down our equipment before and after each practice, and carry it to a rehearsal space on our campus from our dorms.
8. What is your favourite thing about performing?
The energy of the crowd, and just knowing that they’re giving up their time to see us play is an amazing feeling.
9. Where would you most like to tour?
We’d love to tour the West Coast or overseas in England.
10. What inspired your recent songs?
Basically just experiences and feelings we’ve all had in our lives that we feel would make good songs.
11. What do you all do when you’re not musically involved?
The three of us are pretty much always musically involved. We’re always critiquing/offering insight to what the other one is playing, and how to make it better fit the general vibe of the song.
12. In your opinion, what’s your best song?
The Ghost of Jimmy Igoe. It’s got a lot of different sounds, has a dope ending, and just felt right when we were writing it.
13. Who has the worst dress sense?
All of us dress like really scruffy and don’t know how to tie our shoes.
14. Funniest show story?
We had one of friends play happy birthday for a girl on guitar, and she wasn’t in the basement when he played it.
15. Pizza! What do you have?
A calzone from Calio’s.
16. Most annoying member?
Zach. He never stops playing his kit and is basically a douchebag. He has some pretty funny voices though.
17. Who has the worst tattoo?
No one has tattoos yet because we’re all broke college kids, but our Manager Dan has one and it’s a little girly, but we love Dan.
18. Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
Tanor: Use it to do all the hobbies I have.
Damian: Build a giant house with a tree fort in the backyard specifically for hot boxing.
Zach: Use it to pick up chicks.
Listen on Bandcamp.