Settle Your Scores are from Cincinnati, Ohio! Their members are;
- Christian Fischer – Vocals
- Ricky Uhlenbrock – Guitar/Vocals
- Patrick Bryant – Guitar
- Jeffrey Borer – Bass
- Caleb Smith – Drums
1. Who are your top 3 influences?
- Four Year Strong
- The Starting Line
2. Where did the band name ‘Settle Your Scores’ come from?
We all submitted 5 band names to form a list of 25 potential names total. We narrowed it down to Settle Your Scores from there!
3. How did you all meet?
It was Craigslist actually. Ricky and Caleb split from their old band and put out an ad with the old demos from our first album.
4. Was there much difference between your song writing from ‘The Wilderness’, apposed to ‘Better Luck Tomorrow’. How was things done differently?
We definitely collaborated more as a band on BLT, but Ricky still did the majority of the songwriting for both albums. Jeff wrote Off and On for BLT as well!
5. Can we expect a tour anytime soon?
Not in 2019. We’re writing and recording album 3!
6. What was ‘SYS’ first gig experience like?
Pretty good! We played a cool show with BoyMeetsWorld at The Madison Theater. We were pretty nervous though.
7. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
It’s been pretty challenging finding larger tour opportunities. We’d love to jump onto a support slot for a larger band, but it’s really difficult to land them due to so many dope bands being in the scene.
8. Favourite thing about performing?
It’s a total release. You get to spend 30 minutes giving it your all and throwing out all your negative emotions. You get to lose yourself. It’s also just really fun to entertain people.
9. What do you hope to have achieved a year from now?
Releasing our third album and growing even further as a band.
10. What inspired the lyrics for your latest single ‘My Reason to Come Back Home’?
Ricky wrote it about missing home/friends and family when we were out on the road. I think it might also be about a specific girl but I can’t say that for certain.
11. That single was released last month (16th August). Can we expect anymore singles to be released soon?
We should hopefully have something fun dropping in this month…
12. What do you all do when you’re not musically involved?
We’re a mixed bag. Caleb does a lot of cool stuff with his church, Patrick flies paramotor gliders, Jeff does sound for weddings, Ricky is a big pop culture/movie buff, and I play D&D.
13. Who has the worst dress sense?
Caleb used to. Lots of weird hats and monochrome outfits. But lately we’ve all been looking pretty fly.
14. Funniest show story?
My personal favorite was when Calling All Captains fed us the catering salad from a bowl while we were playing our set. Nick was front row scooping out bites for us. It’s actually pretty difficult to sing with a mouthful of lettuce, I came to find out.
15. Pizza! What do you all have?
We love it all and don’t discriminate. But we will always vouch for Little Caesars on tour. It’s cheap and you can buy a shit ton of it for cheap.
16. Most annoying member?
Definitely me. I make a lot of weird noises on the road.
17. Who has the worst tattoo?
Honestly all our members have really well-done tattoos. I have a sloppy coffin on my leg from an apprentice but it still looks pretty good.
18. Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
We’d buy a bunch of White Claw probably. Or a private jet to tour with. That sounds pretty nice.
Listen on Spotify.
Follow on Facebook and Twitter.