Bears In Trees are based in the capital of the UK, London! Consisting of;
1. Who are your top 3 influences?
The Front Bottoms
Fall Out Boy
2. How did you get the name Bears In Trees?
Bears in Submarines didn’t have the same ring to it. But for real, it isn’t that exciting – we were spit balling ideas, someone said ‘Bears in Submarines!’ and we ran with it till we found one that stuck. It’ll haunt us to this day, I suppose.
3. Who would you most like to collaborate with on your next album?
Stormzy! Both from South London so that’d be sick. Or y’know, Cavetown would be cool too.
4. What was the song writing process for your latest EP ‘I See Blue’?
Most of it came together over one weekend, it just took about two years to record. It’s all based around the first year we spent at university. And the frightening loss of all sense and purpose that comes with that. And catholic guilt. I guess it’s a lot, actually.
5. So far, has the EP achieved what you wanted it to achieve?
For sure! It’s had the biggest response we’ve had so far, so we’re really confident right now. Super excited to finally have it out!
6. What was your first gig experience like as BIT?
Our first show was at a library showcase a mutual friend used to host. We played for too long and the library staff had to shut us down. Real punk hours.
7. Biggest challenge so far?
Up until this month we all lived about 100 miles away from each other, so actually getting together was a challenge. Now we all live in the same town, so we can write every week. That’s a nice feeling.
8. You have reached over 20,000 listeners on Spotify. What does that feel like for you?
Terrifying! Imagine that! That’s a whole frickin’ arena! I mean, it would be, if all our fans happened to be in the same place at the same time…
9. Favourite thing about performing?
Seeing people shout back the lyrics that helped you get through whatever you were working through at the time. That will never get old.
10. What inspired the songs for ‘I See Blue’?
Catholic guilt, coffee, late nights, trashy house parties, bad hangovers, and realising that sometimes you’re the problem.
11. What do you all do when you’re not musically involved?
Three out of four of us are students. George is a producer, which is good cause it means we get free studio time.
12. Where’s your dream place to tour?
America!! Australia!! Europe!! Literally anywhere that isn’t London!!
13. Who has the worst dress sense?
Iain either dresses like he hasn’t seen the light of day in three months, or like the coolest uncle you’ll never have.
14. Pizza! What toppings do you have?
The band almost split up over a very intense pineapple on pizza debate and we don’t like to talk about it.
15. Most annoying member?
We all annoy each other in equal, frightening amounts.
16. Who has the worst tattoo?
We uhhh…..can’t talk about that.
17. Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
To be honest, we’ve always wanted to be property magnates. We’re starting a real estate company when we get enough money. Bears in Trees houses everywhere. That’s the dream.