Whatever Weather are from Glasgow, Scotland! Their members are;
- Toby Simpson – Vocals
- Connor MacKenzie – Rhythm Guitar
- Callum Lynch – Lead Guitar
- Nic Billington – Bass
- Geran Cusick – Drums
1. Who are your top 3 influences?
- Nic: Neck Deep, The Story So Far, Grayscale.
- Callum: Four Year Strong, Have Heart and WSTR.
- Geran: Neck Deep, blink 182, and The Story So Far.
2. How did you get your band name?
Toby: There’s no deeper meaning behind it other than the fact we thought it sounded pretty cool hahah.
3. When will we hear another track?
Toby: By the end of the year!
4. What can fans expect from future tracks?
Toby: I feel like our newer stuff has more layers to it. catchier choruses, and more interesting instrumentally.
5. What is your song writing process?
Callum: Usually just create a musical idea and bring it to the others to expand further on it.
Toby: My notes on my phone are just filled with miscellaneous lyrics, and I tend to just build on them over time whenever I think of something, or whenever I’m in the mood to sit down and write.
6. What do you hope to have achieved a year from now?
Callum: Gigs from outside Glasgow would be nice.
Toby: Definitely venturing outside of Glasgow for shows. I also really want to write with other people in the scene and make as much music as possible too.
Geran: Release an EP.
Connor: To be playing bigger shows with more of a following.
7. First gig experience?
Toby: My first show with Whatever Weather was at Stereo, Glasgow, opening for our good friends in DETER at their album launch show. It was nerve wracking playing my first show as a frontman but it’s still one of my favourite gigs i’ve ever played.
8. Biggest challenge so far?
Callum: Biggest challenge will most likely be being able to stand out from other bands in the scene.
9. What’s your favourite thing about performing?
Toby: I’d say it’s therapeutic. For the most part, lyrically our songs have sad undertones but are instrumentally pretty upbeat and fun. It’s a good balance for me to get my emotions out healthily.
10. What inspired ‘Maybe I’m Fine’ lyrically?
Toby: ‘Maybe I’m Fine’ is about a feeling of complete lack of self control when it comes to drinking, it comes from a place of anger and negativity with a massive wave of denial in there.
11. What do you do when you’re not musically involved?
Nic: Working my ass off.
Toby: College mostly, or xbox.
12. Where would you most like to perform?
Nic: Barrowlands (Glasgow). Class sound and an iconic venue.
Toby: I’d love to play The Key Club in Leeds one day, I have good memories of going to shows there and I just love Leeds in general honestly.
13. Who has the worst dress sense?
Toby: Probably me, I wear these really dirty knockoff Timbs 24/7.
14. Funniest show story?
Callum: When me and Nic threw those guitar picks, him hitting my friend in the balls and me hitting the girl beside him.
15. Pizza! What toppings do you have?
Toby: A plain ol’ Margherita.
Geran: Donner Meat.
Connor: Just meaty.
16. Most annoying member?
Nic: It’s obviously Toby for being a bam.
Toby: It’s obviously Nic for being obnoxiously tall.
17. Who has the worst tattoo?
Nic: Possibly… my pizza.
18. Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
Geran: If I had a million pound I would open a music restaurant.
Follow on Facebook.
Listen on Spotify.