1. Who are your top 3 influences?
- Circa Survive
- At The Drive In
- The Fall Of Troy
2. Following on from ‘Neptune’, what else can we expect from your future releases?
Brad: We really want to expand our sound. I feel like we are building momentum so this is a prime time to showcase our entire musical arsenal.
3. How did you get your band name?
We were building up a mass of energy and music and felt as if we were a waterfall bursting from a cliff cascading down to the earth.
4. What is your current song writing process?
Scream into a box for three years and pay Aaron Pace good money to turn it into a song.
Brad: We recently wrote a song with the vocal melodies first which is different from our normal process. Typically, we start with some sort of instrumentation and stack it up from there.
5. What do you hope to achieve a year from now?
We hope to tour outside of the southeast and make it as far as Texas.
6. What was your first performing gig experience like?
Our very first gig was at the infamous and now defunct Swayzes, in Marietta, Georgia.
7. Biggest challenge so far?
Brad: My biggest challenge is overcoming my own worries and fears that can potentially disrupt the flow of the group. Yet, the fact that I can be authentic about my hardships and make something of it is part of what makes this band so productive and fulfilling. I feel safe with these guys.
8. Most surreal moment so far?
Sharing the stage with Hail The Sun, Strawberry Girls, and Royal Coda and performing in front of their wonderful fans.
9. What inspired your lyrics to ‘Neptune’?
In a short answer: Foucault’s research on panopticism. In a shorter answer: Facebook.
10. What do you do when you’re not musically involved?
Brad: We are pretty big anime nerds so I think most of us would say something along the lines of “binging anime”. Additionally, we play video games when we have time.
11. Where’s your dream place to perform?
Brad: Webster Hall would be amazing and reachable if we continue to work hard and really sell people on our energy live.
12. Who has the worst dress sense?
Jam usually ends up naked.
13. Funniest show story?
Jam: At one show this year I convinced the guys to perform our cover of “Sanctuary” from Kingdom Hearts II. We hadn’t practiced it and completely butchered the performance but we were in such a great mood after returning from our first tour and being surrounded by our family and friends we didn’t care and just laughed our way through it.
14. Pizza! What toppings do you have?
Spicy Ramen and Whiskey
15. Most annoying member?
Jonah’s Volkswagen. It’s like having a member with a new debilitating disease every week. But hey, it’s got character…and 400,000 miles.
16. Who has the worst tattoo?
Jam has a smiley face on his shoulder, but Jonah has a sick wolf tattoo.
17. Fast forward and you’re millionaires. What do you do with the money?
Brad: I would cut my parents a nice, fat check. They really deserve it for all of the support I’ve been so blessed to have in my life.
18. Leave a message yourself for the people reading!
We thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and we hope that you stay tuned for what exciting things we have coming next!
Also, reach out to us on any of our social media channels here:
Photo by Susan Irais Reyes.