Fan Friday returns! We have a twist this week as we spoke to Selina, one of our amazing contributors!
1. What band introduced you to this scene?
Blink-182, I first heard them on the American Pie soundtrack and never looked back!
2. Who are your 3 favourite bands?
- The Front Bottoms
- The Story So Far
3. Favourite song by each?
- Looking Like You Just Woke Up
- Keep This Up
4. How did you discover your favourite band?
My favourite bands change constantly, but I discovered The Story So Far through my best friend at secondary school. She introduced me to all the bands I still love to this day.
5. Favourite album ever?
Slightly cliché but it has to be Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (Blink-182) as just the best pop punk album overall.
6. What is it that makes you love this scene?
Even though I find myself drifting from ‘the scene’ sometimes, it constantly feels like home. The music and the community got me through some tough times when I was younger and so it will always feel special to me.
7. If it isn’t too personal, what song means the most to you and why?
Cigarettes and Saints by The Wonder Years feels incredibly intimate to me. Struggling with mental health issues is an incredibly hard thing to deal with and that song kind of makes me feel understood.
8. What concerts would you have been to if it weren’t for Covid-19?
I didn’t have any lined up, but I really wanted to get My Chem tickets with my friends, don’t feel so bad about not getting any now!
9. Most recommended band?
Right now, I’d highly recommend a band called Cloaker. We recently reviewed their EP and it was faultless.
10. Favourite thing about our page?
The sheer amount of great up and coming bands that are featured!